How To Add A Site To The Medword List
The Medword List directory is arranged by topic and adding a link to your site is free. The category topics are chosen for their relevance to the profession of medical transcription, or as subjects that are popular among MTs and others in the health-care industry. All submissions are evaluated by an editor.
We care a great deal about the quality of The Medword List. This is not a search engine and we pride ourselves on being very selective. Not all sites are accepted, so please don't take it personally if your site is not. Our goal is to make the directory as useful as possible for medical transcriptionists primarily, not to have the directory include all (or even most) of the sites that could possibly be listed.
We have set up policies for submitting sites for our consideration. We may reject, delete, or edit submissions that violate these policies or that we otherwise believe, in our sole discretion, should not be included in the directory. We may also reject, delete, or block other sites that we believe to be associated with a user who has violated these policies.
Sites may be placed at the top of a sub-category through The Medword List Enhancement feature, but their sponsorship is clearly marked and must still be relevant to the subject matter in the category. The Medword List also reserves the right to refuse any site submission, even sponsored site requests, for any reason. If a site requesting sponsorship placement is rejected, the whole fee, is returned.
Please take a few moments to understand these policies and the steps to submit a site before you begin. Failure to understand and follow these instructions generally will result in the rejection of a submission.
Important Points On Site Submission:
- Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs.
- Do not submit URLs that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in the directory. Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpful to users of the directory. Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
- Do not disguise your submission and submit the same URL more than once. Example: http://www.website.com and http://www.website.com/index.html
- Do not submit any site with an address that redirects to another address.
- Do not submit a site with a link to any type of messaging site, message on a message board, or anything other than a direct link to your site.
- Do not submit a site with illegal content. Illegal content includes: child pornography; libel; material that infringes any intellectual property right; and material that specifically advocates, solicits or aids illegal activity (such as fraud or violence); any site that is hateful in regard to the race, color, religion, sex, or sexual preference of another human being.
- Do not submit sites "under construction." Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
- Do not submit sites consisting largely of affiliate links.
- Do not use uppercase letters unless they are part of your company name.
- Do not use exclamation points (!), octothorpes (#), tildes (~), or any other extraneous characters in your company description or your submission may be rejected.
- Medword Medical Transcription reserves the right to priority-place its own sites first.
To submit a site:
1. Go to The Medword List Home Page and, starting at the Top Level, choose a general category for your site, that is, one that best matches the subject matter of your own site, such as:
|Top Level: Medical Transcription: Commercial MT Services|
2. Continue to follow the progression of categories, which leads all the way to an actual listing of sites under a sub-category. For example, a complete category path in the Medical Transcription area would be:
|Top Level: Medical Transcription: Commercial MT Services: Canada or U.S.A.|
3. Click on the Add a Site link near the top of the page. If you are not registered you will be required to register before being allowed to add a site. (Registration is free and Medword never shares information with third parties or sends unsolicited e-mail.)
4. Then it's just a matter of filling out a short form, and your site will be routed to the attention of a Medword List Editor, who will review your submission to determine whether to include it in the directory. Depending on factors such as the volume of submissions to the particular category, it may take several weeks or more before your submission is reviewed. Please only submit a URL to The Medword List once.
5. Sites submitted to inappropriate or unrelated categories may be rejected or removed. Descriptions of sites should describe the content of the site concisely and accurately. They should not be promotional in nature. Submitting a promotional description rather than an objective, well-written description may significantly delay your site from being listed or prevent your site from being listed at all.
6. To qualify to have your site submitted to different categories, you must purchase at least one enhanced listing. The additional URLs submitted, up to a maximum of two per enhanced listing order, must pertain specifically to the subject matter in the category and will be displayed in the same manner as normal link submissions. Again, multiple submissions of the same or related sites with the same URL may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites. Disguising your submission and submitting the same URL more than once is not permitted. If a site you submitted has not been listed after six weeks, you may submit it again or you may send an inquiry by e-mail to The Medword List.
For The Medword List to be a useful resource, primarily for medical transcriptionists, we are required to exercise editorial discretion in determining the content and structure of the directory. That discretion may be applied to any part of your submission including the title and description of your site. Also, a site listed in our directory may be changed or deleted at any time at our discretion. You may sometimes disagree with our choices, but you should know that we do our best to make fair decisions.
If purchasing special listing enhancements for your site to stand out from other listings in the category, please go here.
The Medword List Editors
Get Great Deals While Supporting Our Site Through The Medword Store
Stereo Headphone Set
For Muscle Rehab & Relaxation
Foot Pedal & Software 7.0